Calvert Trust Exmoor provides all year round, challenging outdoor activity breaks for disabled people of all ages and abilities together with families, friends and carers.
Set within a stunning location, overlooking Wistlandpound Reservoir on the edge of Exmoor National Park, a beautiful Victorian model farm conversion is at the heart of our accessible, award winning and environmentally conscious centre.
Residential Multi Activity Breaks are delivered by specially trained, highly experienced and well qualified team of instructors. Activities include climbing, archery, canoeing and horse riding, activities are developed to suit the needs of visitors – you can even abseil in a wheelchair!
Set around a secure and pretty courtyard the accommodation comprises of a number of en-suite rooms as well as apartments. Self catering is an option but most guests choose to benefit from delicious home cooked food which is locally soured and freshly prepared on-site daily.
Whatever your age or ability a visit to Calvert Trust Exmoor will provide you with a life changing experience – building self-confidence, developing new skills, making friends and having fun – for many people, the positive effects are immediate and long lasting. Visit us for 3, 4 or 7 nights or just come for the day and discover it's what you CAN do that counts!
Please see our website for details of our current tariff or contact the bookings team for further information.
Open all the time
01598 763 221
email a friend
Wistlandpound, Kentisbury, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX31 4SJ
Map reference: SS 644423 Lat: 51.16411 Long: -3.93994
Travelling by car
From the M5
•Leave the M5 at Junction 27, turn on to the A361 to Barnstaple.
•Follow the A361 for 25 miles.
•At North Aller Roundabout take the third exit onto the A399. This will be signposted to Blackmoor Gate, Brayford & Lynton. (There is a restaurant just after the first exit on the roundabout). Follow the A399 for 11 miles. When you pass Exmoor Zoo on your left you know that you are a mile or so away.
•Take a left turn (just after a parking layby on the left). This is signposted Calvert Trust Exmoor and Wistlandpound Reservoir.
•Follow this road for approx. ½ a mile. Calvert Trust Exmoor is on your left.
Travelling by train
Barnstaple is the nearest station. We are happy to arrange collection and drop off for our guests with a local, accesible taxi firm. Please arrange this service at the time of making your booking.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training